2010 has been a roller coaster ride for me. I have been very happy, depressed, frustrated, hopeful, mad, numb. But nevertheless, it was still a great year for me. For in 2010, I started the process of knowing myself more and actually accept who I am, what I want, who I want myself to be, and what I’m capable of doing. A bit late, but yes, I have started. And it might take me two, three, or even ten more years, but 2010 spring-boarded my desire to finally show the world who I really am.
Lots of things have happened this year. Graduation, rejection, acceptance, break-up, introductions, goodbyes. But as the year bid its final goodbye, I can say that 2010 has been really good for me.
- What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
– Do things that I love, without thinking of the consequences. Booked a flight to HK without consulting my parents. Bought things because I liked them without thinking if I would have any money left.
- Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
– I don’t remember making New Year’s resolutions for 2010 but along the way, I made promises to myself that I said I’d keep. One of which was to be fit, which I sort of fulfilled. I also keep in my mind every year, to save up if I really wanted to be rich someday, but hey, I failed this year. So maybe this 2011, I’ll be more serious about it. I’m not getting any younger, and for someone so ambitious like me, money will have to be abound.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
– None that I know of
- Did anyone close to you die?
– My Uncle Larry who was always very supportive of me, financially and emotionally. He always provided everything I need at school (money, laptops, etc.) and he was the first person to say that I have this so called “talent” in writing and that I must pursue it.
Hey Uncle Larry, I don’t k now if you can read this but I am trying to pursue what we both know I’m actually good at. I hope you’re proud of me.
- What countries did you visit?
-None. Well, 2011’s going to be great for the traveler me. My friends and I will be visiting HK in Feb. plus I’m planning on touring the country first before actually conquering the world.
- What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
– A more mature mind, and the courage to actually commit to something. Oh, and self-love.
- What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
– AUGUST 23, 2010. This was the day I finally had the courage to end something I know could ruin us in the long run. This was the day when I felt the most mature this year.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
– Graduating in college with semi-flying colors and getting a job. AND acknowledging the fact that I am not really happy now but sooner or later I will be, so for now, I have to get by.
- What was your biggest failure?
– I really don’t keep track of my failures. Everybody makes tons of them. You don’t remember your faults, but keep in mind the lessons you get from making them.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
– Urinary Tract Infection misdiagnosed as Dengue
- What was the best thing you bought?
– My Samsung Monte phone, Greater Good shirts, and Toms shoes.
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
– I guess my Mama’s. She has really accepted me now and trusts me with my own decisions.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
– Mine and his. Sometimes I thought we blatantly tried to hurt each other, by trying to be sweet and all. It’s over. We both know it.
- Where did most of your money go? Buying the stuff I want. And I’m happy about it.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
– Getting a job that I really want. Well, I got it. But to be honest, the thought of having this routinary life for a long time still has to grow on me. I was never this “boring,” so to speak.
- What song will always remind you of 2010?
– Pyramid. As much as I don’t like her, 2010 was Charice Pempengco’s year.
- Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? richer or poorer?
-I was way happier, being in love and all, but this year’s fine as well.
– I was fatter! So yay to me!
– Richer! Which is very ironic since I have a job now.
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
– I wish I could’ve taken more time to assess myself and actually do something about the things I wanted to change about me.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
– Making myself feel as if I’m not worthy of the good things in life. As what I always tell my friends, “We are awesome as always and don’t ever forget that.” Well, I AM AWESOME.
- How will you be spending Christmas?
– I spent Christmas with my family. Nothing grandiose, bought them and myself gifts.
- Did you fall in love in 2010?
– I fell out of love.
- How many one-night stands?
– Am I really going to answer this? Okay, two.
- What was your favourite TV program?
– NCIS, Bones, Lie to me, Dexter
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
– None. I don’t keep grudges.
- What was the best book you read?
– House Rules by Jodi Picoult
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
– Just Jack
- What did you want and get?
– A job
- What was your favourite film of this year?
– Toy Story 3
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
– Well I went to work, then the office celebrated my birthday with a cake. After which, I met with my then-partner, bought a new phone then strolled around Makati. Went home and celebrated with my parents. That was the best birthday I had.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
– Feeling more secure and confident of myself.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
– As always, wear anything you’re comfortable with. Following fashion fad’s not my thing.
- What kept you sane?
– FRIENDS. Definitely, friends.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
– Andrew Garfield, Aaron Johnson, John Mayer (this one’s a retainer), Michael Buble (retainer as well).
- What political issue stirred you the most?
– Noynoy Aquino winning presidency.
- Who did you miss?
– Friends. I mean, they’re still there in essence but I miss the bond we had when I was still in college. Oh those days.
- Who were the best new people you met?
– The creative team in CID where I belong as well. Ms. Maricar and Louberry. Definitely.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
– Live your life that way you want to. It is yours, after all.